When you are first looking into the Nuss procedure for Pectus Excavatum, you may have questions like these:
• When will I be able to do "X" again?
• How can I be prepared for surgery?
• What can I do in the months following surgery?
If so, you are in the right place. The Pectus Warriors Program was created to prepare you for surgery and then build you back up to full strength as quickly and safely as possible.
Highlights of the Nuss Procedure:
•My chest was immediately "normal"
•My self-confidence skyrocketed
•I was no longer embarrassed to take my shirt off
•I could take full, deep breaths
But the journey was far from easy or enjoyable.
Negatives of the Nuss Procedure:
•I lost 15 pounds of muscle mass (175 > 160) at 6'1 and I was already lean...
•I was mentally going crazy with all the activity restrictions
•Once I was cleared, I had no idea how I should begin working out or playing sports again
•It took me 6 months after being cleared (9 months after surgery) to reach my previous levels of strength
The 3-months following my surgery were pretty tough. It's not easy to ask a varsity athlete, who had just discovered bodybuilding, to lift no more than 5lbs and avoid any and all sports for 3 months. I wished there was something I could be doing instead of waiting for the time to pass.
I remained inactive for that period and also failed to pay attention to my nutrition. It's easy to miss meals when you are not hungry due to the pain killers and you have no activity to fuel. In that time I lost a ton of weight, most of my strength, and essentially had to restart my weight lifting progress from the beginning.
While everything eventually worked out just fine, there was no reason it should have taken me nearly a year to get back to my previous abilities post-surgery. I knew there had to be a better way.
Luckily for you, there is.
The Pectus Warriors Program has been rolled out, updated, and polished over the last 3 years working with patients coming out of Cincinnati Children's Hospital. This program was originally created from the detailed notes I took of my own training post-op and then adapted to fit a multitude of athletes (and non-athletes) going through the Nuss procedure years later.
Put simply, we now have preparation for and recovery from the Nuss procedure down to a science and the Pectus Warriors Program will guide you through every step of this journey as quickly and safely as possible.
Training Program - Prepare, Rebuild, Dominate:
• 9-months of training programming delivered in 3 tiers of difficulty each month (you get all 3 every month):
• Advanced Weight Training Program
• Beginner Weight Training Program
• At-Home Training Program
• If you’re starting pre-op you will have specific pre-op resources and programming to follow
• Step-by-step instructions for the restrictive post-op period if starting pre-op or within 3-months post-op
Nutrition Program - Learn Exactly How To Force Your Body To Grow:
•Video instructions for creating your ideal diet to spare muscle mass immediately post-surgery and build muscle quickly as you get back to full strength
•Supplement Regiment - only the most effective, verified products
Mobility Program - Stay Limber, Build Great Posture:
•Specific warm-up and cooldown drills to perform around your workouts
•Daily stretches to improve range of motion and flexibility
Mindfulness Practice - Breathe Deep, Recover Faster:
•Guided Meditations and Mindfulness techniques to follow through the duration of the program.
•Mindfulness has been shown to increase the speed of recovery after surgery and decrease stress
•Video instructions for every exercise
•Video explanations of every section of the program
Face-to-Face Video Calls With Me and a Private Facebook Group:
•Twice-Per-Week Group Video Calls to speak with me directly about anything you need
•Connect directly with me to have any of your questions answered through the Facebook group
•Your hub for learning new things about training, nutrition, and Pectus Excavatum in addition to the resources in the course.
"My experience with HypertroFit and Kyle was amazing. I began working with him in early 2018 because I was going be having the Nuss surgery in April of that year.
About a month after surgery Kyle had me start doing light leg exercises and cardio to get me moving again, but we really started working hard once I got cleared to lift weights (3-months after surgery).
Once I was cleared, Kyle’s program provided every detail of what I should be doing for training, nutrition, mobility, and mindfulness (to help with recovery). There were even videos of how to perform every exercise!
The workouts were well balanced and I began to see quick improvements in my strength and aesthetics.
Overall, I would DEFINITELY recommend Kyle and HypertroFit.”
This process can seem a bit overwhelming at first, which is why the course is broken down into monthly chunks. Then if you have any further questions or concerns, you can bring those to the video calls or Facebook Group for answers.
You will be blown away by the before and after photos following these 9-months.
There is no more guesswork.
If this sounds like something that can benefit you then I’d like to invite you purchase the program or scheduling a phone consult below.
If we added up the individual elements of the program:
$200 per program (At-home, Beginner, Advanced)
$200 per program
$100 per call
That's not even counting the mindfulness meditations, the mobility work, and the private Facebook group access.
Now obviously most people aren't purchasing 3 separate training programs and speaking with me for 2 hours each week.
My custom 1:1 Training & Nutrition Clients pay $400/month for a Training & Nutrition Program.
My Nutrition Only Clients pay $200/month for a plan.
But for the Pectus Warriors Program, I wanted to make access much more approachable, especially because I know how crazy expensive the surgery can be.
$49/mo x 9 months ($441 Total)
If you would like to set up a completely free consultation to see if this program is right for you, or if there might be another way we can accommodate your situation, click here:
• No, unfortunately not. This type of program would be filed under the same category as personal training, which your insurance cannot provide for.
• Nope! Every month you will have access to an At-Home version of the program that requires very minimal equipment (a band set from Amazon that regularly goes for around $20).
• Not at all. There are different tiers of difficulty for each month of the program. If you’ve never lifted weights before, it would be best to start with the Beginner weight training program or the At-Home weight training program. The resources provided each month will walk you through how to do everything and if those aren’t enough, you can contact Kyle directly through the Facebook group or on a video call to get additional help.
•You will be prompted to create an account to access the Pectus Warriors membership website. This is where the programs and resources are delivered every month. From the website, you will then be able to connect to the private Facebook group.
• This is no riskier than regular exercise. The period of time post-op where the most care must be taken does not include any movements that aren’t physician-approved. Continuing into the post-limitation phase of the program where weight training is introduced is only permissible with doctor’s clearance. The program is ultra-conservative with respect to safety. That said, participants go through this program at their own risk.